Tuesday, February 7, 2012

On the hunt...

Seems like we're on the hunt for virtually everything... decor, a dining room table and chairs, and for me... A JOB!  I've been blessed to continue working for my Nashville-based company during this transition, which is of great comfort.  I've been so lucky to have some meetings with some companies who aren't necessarily hiring, but were interested enough in my resume and qualifications that they've asked me to come in and do a face-to-face in case they have an opening coming in the near future.  I had a successful phone interview today (which resulted in an in-face meeting on Thursday!) and also have a head-hunter on the case for me.  Everyone has asked what I would like to do, and dare I say that I have so many things that I would LIKE to do that it's such a hard question to answer!  But to quote my sweet friend Rebecca - you bloom where you're planted!  I certainly feel that way.  At this point in my life, I want to work where I can still be creative, be myself, help the company grow, learn new things, and still have the incredible quality of life that I have had the luxury of living over the past years.  Time with my husband, family and friends really is what I live for now, so having the time to spend with them is critical to my daily happiness.  So... I am continuing to pray that God sends me in the right direction... He always has so far!

So - in terms of the other things we're searching for... here are some updates and ideas of things we've found. We really want to do it right in this house, so we've been trying to get as many ideas as possible for large items like furniture and larger pieces like art.

For the dining room, we really want a table that can seat up to 8, and the space in the house is actually quite accommodating for that size.  We found a fabulous table at I.O. Metro furniture, but it was the last one!  So if it is still there, we'll get it, but if not, we'll find something like this:

or this one, which I love more but is pretty pricey:

We definitely love these chairs... we're planning on doing 6 black side chairs like this:
We would have 6 of these for the dining table, with the 2 accent style chairs below as the end seats

with end chairs something like this:
End of dining table/accent chairs


I finished painting our bedroom, and the color was called "Steel" but really came out with a fabulous blue tint to it.  It's not at all what I expected, but I love it on the walls (as seen in the previous post).  Nick is going to put up the white border of molding around the bed tomorrow, and I can't wait to see how that comes out!  I'm hunting for some thick white curtains for the bedroom to finally complete the "Hamptons" look Nick is really loving right now.  These are the curtains we found at Restoration Hardware that we are thinking about... they're stupid expensive so I have to maybe drink a glass (or bottle) of wine before purchasing them:
Brushed Belgian Linen Cotton
Curtains - but in "Optic White"


Nick found this clock that he loves for that room and I'm really loving it too!
This damn thing is huge!  It's 36" in diameter!  Quite the accessory!
 
I'm looking for some additional art and accessories too... and I'm sure they'll come with time.  Nick found this outdoor furniture today and wants it for his birthday, so I'm sure we'll have "some kind of fabulous" outdoor living space by spring!  This is one of the chairs... apparently you buy several of them and put them together to create longer seating areas.  I quite like it!

And then we'll add some cool outdoor curtains to the patio surround... and I couldn't believe how inexpensive the outdoor curtains were!  Less than $40 per panel at Lowes!
Zoomed: allen + roth 96" Cream Outdoor Window Panel
So that's where we are now... things are fabulous and we couldn't be happier.  I am getting excited about my first trip to Mobile/Orange Beach this weekend... I'll leave on Thursday afternoon and come back early Sunday morning.  My grandparents have made their way down to our beach house so I can't wait to see them and spend some time with them and my Momma!

Hope you have a great week!!!
Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment