Friday, January 6, 2012

Frustration, excitement... you know, the usual...

Buying a house should seriously be considered a full-time job!  This whole process has actually been quite smooth... the mortgage company is on track, things are in place and we are just gathering the last few items needed for the various players in the game called lending!  My real frustration at this point is with this awful management company that runs the Homeowner's Association for our rental property in Hoover.  They don't provide us with even a shred of customer service, they don't keep us up to date on anything, and then the one time I need something (a simple statement/letter from them that states that our HOA covers insurance - I don't even need the coverage amounts!) they say that not only can they not provide that, but I have to access an online database and pay for "official documents".  Yuck!  I can't wait to be back in Birmingham so we can attend the annual HOA meetings and oust this awful company... I just loathe poor customer service!  The underwriter assigned to our account has been great though, so she's trying to help us out, which is fantastic!

Anyway... enough of the ranting... on to an update... Nick has now left for Birmingham and has started work at his new store.  He was full of anxiety on his first day, but has been doing better each day as he gets more comfortable.  I can't wait to see him!  I'm a nerd... anytime I spend more than 2 days away from my husband I'm a mess.  But his absence has given me the chance to pack up everything at the house and live with the bare necessities.  I can live off cereal and sandwiches!

Tonight my co-workers and I are going out to celebrate my farewell with some drinks at Sambucca, so hopefully we'll have some fun photos to commemorate the evening which I can post here.  Otherwise, I'll spend the weekend finishing the packing and getting everything organized for the movers to make quick work of the loading.  This time next week I will be on my way to the Ham with a car full of stuff and a heart full of excitement!!!!  Have a great weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment